May 10, 2014

Movie: Drive

It's been a while, I know, but tonight looks like a perfect movie night for me. Sometimes I know what I'm in the mood for, other times I'm not. Tonight however, I am in the mood for Drive. Why? I guess because I was listening to Nightcall by Kavinsky, which is the opening song to the movie, and it always makes me think of Ryan Gosling pensively driving through the LA streets. Also, Ryan Gosling. Always Ryan Gosling.




I want that scorpion jacket he dons in the movie. It looks pretty bad-ass.

(imdb)

Drive was a surprise movie, because it was NOT about fast car racing. Instead, it's about shady heists through the eyes of the Driver. It's such a cinematic masterpiece in my opinion, and it has a strong cast which includes Carey Mulligan, Oscar Isaac, Albert Brooks, Ron Perlman and Bryan Cranston. It may be a little gory, but it tells a great story (didn't mean to rhyme there. Maybe a little) . The soundtrack is amazing as well, I suggest you give it a listen. Go ahead, relax, and watch Drive with me.